With all the talk of more convenient, on-the-go snacking options continuing to change the eating behaviors of consumers, one might wonder if traditional sit-down meals are soon to become a thing of the past. Will breakfast, lunch, and dinner soon begin to fade into our distant memories much like VHS tapes, floppy disks, and payphones?
While regular meals are likely to stick around in some shape or form, snacking has become an integral part of consumer diets and will continue to alter the way Americans eat. Here are a few highlights from DuPont’s Healthy Snacking Presentation:
- 86% of US consumers snack daily, and 51% of those consumers consume 3 or more snacks a day
- 85% of US consumers snack for enjoyment and 84% snack to satisfy hunger
- More snacks are being consumed across all parts of the day, with very high growth during the early morning and late evening hours
- Healthier snack categories are experiencing higher growth than less healthy snack categories
- High in fiber, high in vitamins and minerals, and high in protein are three of the top attributes consumers find important when choosing a healthy snack
See for yourself how DuPont takes these new trends to the next level by creating innovative demo products with the consumer in mind by keeping an eye out for DuPont’s newly crafted line of healthy snacking prototypes, coming in May 2015.
Please contact Skidmore Sales for additional information.